Class: Class _____ Grade 1
Teaching & learning contents: (教学内容)
Teaching & learning goals: (教学目标)
1. Read and understand the text and learn the new words and phrases in the text.
2. Practise listening to the Dodo’s story, learn to conclude the main idea and do the listening exercises.
Main points: (重点) Reading comprehension, new language items and listening.
Difficult Points: (难点) Reading comprehension, new language items and listening.
Class type: (课型) Reading & listening.
Teaching & learning procedures: (教学步骤)
Step 1 Revision
Step 2 Reading
2) come into being的意思是“开始存在; 发生”。
eg. We don’t know when the world came into being. 我们不知道这世界是什么时候存在的。
3) long before “早在…之前很久”.
eg. It will not be long before we know the result of the experiment.
2. inspect vt. 检查, 视察
eg. The commander inspected the troops. 司令检阅了部队
3. They learned this from the way the bones were joined together.
the way (in which) the bones were joined together
eg. I don’t like the way (in which) you treat her.
4. incident n. 事件, 事变(突发事件，插曲)
5. dust n. [u] 灰尘, 尘土, 尘埃
eg. The room is full of dust.
6. According to a UN report,….
7. fierce adj. 凶猛的, 好斗的; 激烈的,猛烈的
eg. The house is guarded by a fierce dog.
The competition for jibs is fierce.
Step 3 Listening in TB
Number 2 is correct.
Number 1 is wrong. It is not fair to blame the dodo for his disappearance.
Number 3 only explain half the story. The dodo and man did become friends but only because man wanted to kill all the dodos as easily as possible.
Number 4 is wrong because the other animals and birds did not do much to save the dodo. They warned him but did not help him.
Step 3 Listening in WB (if time is enough)
1. Do the listening exercises in WB.
Reconsideration of the teaching:(教学反思)